Peach Tree

Peach Tree
Compliments of my husband, the "budding" photographer.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Adventure

In December when I thought I was expecting, I started trying to find ways I could create income from home for a year or two. I even prayed about it, but nothing promising really developed. That was over two months ago.

Last week I was on facebook reading everyone's update and I saw a girl I knew from Tech advertising for her home-based jewelry company. I had never heard of it and it looked really cute so I checked it out. The jewelry was just my style! Very Banana Republic-esque. (Come to find out later, the creative designer has worked with BR before!)

I talked to Jessica (Tech aquaintance) about it and she loves it and I did some research and decided I didn't have much to lose from trying it. If worse comes to worse, I'll sell until I've broken even on my costs and have a bunch of jewelry to show for it!

To make a long story short, I bought in Friday morning, ordered about 40 jewelry samples, read the 78 page new stylist guide, and watched training videos A, B, and C all by Saturday afternoon. I found a white table cloth, acrylic picture frames, and clear jewelry bags.

I'm still looking online for neckforms, trays, t-bars, and a ring destination. All the colors are white, aqua, and beige so that's what I'm looking for. Better get back to work on that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment